[pmmail-list] 2.20.2350 for Windows

Jimmy S. McCorquodale, Jr. pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 23 May 2001 14:22:45 -0400

Hello All,

I have just added a update to the Windows versions of PMMail.  This new version is 2.20.2350 and corrects some more of the DLL related issues to the editor.  I will be updating the webpage with notes regarding it shortly.

OS/2 users do not fret, all of the recent updates to the Windows version are all closely related issues.  We are still continuing work on the OS/2 version.

Professional - http://www.pmmail2000.com/betas/PMMail2kPro.exe
Standard - http://www.pmmail2000.com/betas/PMMail2kStd.exe

I am also currently creating and updating a PMMail version history list and will be adding it to the site when it is completed.   I am sorry about the delay.   As it stands right now this is what I have (still editing).

Changes in version 2.20.2350
- Filter:  Corrects issue where if search criteria wasn't in first line of a multi-part section of a header it was missed
- Editor: Corrects the limit for `Select All' in messages greater than 64K in size
- Search: Search function in message body corrected/improved

Changes in version 2.20.2340
- Editor:  PMMail uses the riched20.dll in Windows for editing rather than renamed version of this DLL, 'PMMEdit.dll'

Changes in version 2.20.2330
-  Editor:  Corrected a 64K message truncation error that occurred with version 2.20.2300
- Editor:  Updated PMMEdit.dll to correct incompatibility error with some programs that began in version 2.20.2320.
   -- Compatibility:  Corrects 64k limit for screen readers
   -- Compatibility:  Correction to some Kernel32.dll issues under Windows 9x/ME
- Help:  Updated help file
- Help:  Updated DLL's for help system
- Installer:  Now deletes file PMMail.GID for help file

Changes in version 2.20.2320
- Charset: Corrected character set translation issue when MIME header is not included.
- Editor:  Corrected character translation error for display of some high-ASCII characters.
- HTML:  Corrected issue where accented characters in HTML messages are dropped
- HTML:  Corrected an HTML display error with some messages that began in version 2.20.2300

Changes in version 2.20.2300
- Date/Time:  Corrected TZ calculation for timezones
- Date/Time:  Corrected reading of date/timestamp from Qmail servers
- HTML:  Colors can now be specified by rather than just by hexidecimal code
- Installer:  Updated Readme file.

Changes in version 2.20.2200
- Date/Time:  Redifined 70 time zones supported by PMMail
- Migration:  Added support for Outlook Express 5
- Charset:  Corrected display issues related to US codepage 437
- Migration:  Migration support for all 3.x and 4.x versions of Netscape
- Header:  Corrected parsing error in messages containing multiple recipients.  This error originally popped up in 2.20.2100
- Toolbar:  Added ability to toggle the display of the toolbar on/off.
- Statusbar:  Increased update period for file transfer status for each percent, with one update per second.  Downloaded portion is now shown also as a ratio of  (KB/MB)
- HTML Links:  Updated links located in the `Help' section.

Changes in version 2.20.2100
- Demo:  Corrected timeout error for some systems
- Message Wrapping:  Altered message wrapping so that values greater than 30 wrap at that point.   Values less than 30 default to 0 and have no message wrapping
- Password: Corrected getting locked out of an account when the password field is left `blank'
- Editor:  Corrected error where blank spaces after high ASCII characters are dropped in HTML messages where the font size is 8
- Filter:  Modified the `No Spam' filter in PMMail to make up for changes when variables were initially added to the ICSL.
- Account settings:  Corrected the `tab' order in the Send settings.

Changes in version 2.10.2030
- Server:  Added support for SMTP Authentication; CRAM-MD5 and LOGIN
- Ordering:  Updated FAX number.
- DST:  Compiled with a new Microsoft C++ compiler that corrects issues calculating daylight savings time when it falls on April 1.

In other news, June will feature some new products being added to the Blueprint Software Works line.

- An update to PMView adding support for animated GIF and SFF file formats
- An atomic clock utility
- A puzzle/logic game

Thanks,

jimmy