[pmmail-list] Sending mails

Steve Wendt pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 19:04:11 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 18 Oct 2001 21:42:50 -0400 (EDT), Ralph Cohen wrote:

>>The Outbox normally turns red when it has mail it, regardless of that setting.
>>So, its behavior is inconsistent.  If you are "supposed to" have that setting on,
>
>No it doesn't.  The outbox only turns red if I set its settings to
>indicate if it contains any messages.  Its operation is totally consistant.

I'm glad it's consistent for the way you use it, but it's not the way I use it.  ;)

>Also, why do you think that you are "supposed to" have that setting on?
> That's totally up to the individual and I would consider it a bug if
>PMMail treated the Outbox folder differently than the other folders.

I'm still not clear on this point.  When do *you* think it should be on, when it
should be off, and what the behavior is supposed to be.  I'm obviously missing
something from your point of view.  I have it off (the default), and get inconsistent
behavior (yellow color when there is unsent mail).  There is a bug somewhere!

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly,
while bad people will find a way around the laws."
     - Plato (427-347 B.C.)