[pmmail-list] Sending mails

Ralph Cohen pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 22:27:47 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 18 Oct 2001 19:04:11 -0700 (PDT), Steve Wendt wrote:

>On Thu, 18 Oct 2001 21:42:50 -0400 (EDT), Ralph Cohen wrote:
>
>>>The Outbox normally turns red when it has mail it, regardless of that setting.
>>>So, its behavior is inconsistent.  If you are "supposed to" have that setting on,
>>
>>No it doesn't.  The outbox only turns red if I set its settings to
>>indicate if it contains any messages.  Its operation is totally consistant.
>
>I'm glad it's consistent for the way you use it, but it's not the way I use it.  ;)

Granted.<g>

>>Also, why do you think that you are "supposed to" have that setting on?
>> That's totally up to the individual and I would consider it a bug if
>>PMMail treated the Outbox folder differently than the other folders.
>
>I'm still not clear on this point.  When do *you* think it should be on, when it
>should be off, and what the behavior is supposed to be.  I'm obviously missing
>something from your point of view.  I have it off (the default), and get inconsistent
>behavior (yellow color when there is unsent mail).  There is a bug somewhere!

Its really very simple.  I think that the folder should behave
according to its settings just like all the other folders.  Therefore,
if I want the folder to turn red when there are messages in it, then I
can change its settings to make it do that.  If I don't want its color
to change when there are messages inside, then I can deselect that
setting.  That's consistancy.

I believe what you are saying is that you have the setting "Folder
Indicates Any Mail" turned off on the Outbox folder and therefore even
when there is unsent mail in it, the folder icon doesn't change color.
As far as I can understand, that is exactly the way it should work.  If
you want the folder to change colors to indicate an mail, then the
"Folder Indicates Any Mail" setting needs to be selected.  If the
Outbox folder ignored that setting and turned red regardless whenever
there was mail inside, that would be a bug and an inconsistancy.

OK Steve, tell me what I'm missing here...<g>

Ralph