[pmmail-list] Sending mails

Steve Wendt pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 19:51:22 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 18 Oct 2001 22:27:47 -0400 (EDT), Ralph Cohen wrote:

>I believe what you are saying is that you have the setting "Folder
>Indicates Any Mail" turned off on the Outbox folder and therefore even
>when there is unsent mail in it, the folder icon doesn't change color.

It *does* change color (to be clear, it is red) when there is unsent mail in it,
except in the situation described previously.

>As far as I can understand, that is exactly the way it should work.  If
>you want the folder to change colors to indicate an mail, then the
>"Folder Indicates Any Mail" setting needs to be selected.  If the
>Outbox folder ignored that setting and turned red regardless whenever
>there was mail inside, that would be a bug and an inconsistancy.

OK, then that is the bug.  In that case, I would suggest that the default setting of
"Folder Indicates Any Mail" for the Outbox should be on, like it is for the Drafts
folder (and you can turn it off if you really want to).

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly,
while bad people will find a way around the laws."
     - Plato (427-347 B.C.)