[pmmail-list] crashes

Paul D.J. de Vos pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 27 Oct 2001 13:33:49 +0200

On Sat, 20 Oct 2001 09:02:31 -0400, jimmym@blueprintsoftwareworks.com wr=
ote:

| I would try it here, but PMMail 2.20.2380 is crashing occasionally for=

| some unknown reason, plus there may be a memory leak.  The total memor=
| in use is bumping up to 127 MB most of the time, with XWorkplace,

I am using the same version, but in the Win incarnation, and I get the s=
ame
behaviour. Inexplicable crashes, often when I have finished composing a =
message
and click send (fortunately, the message is saved before the crash) but
sometimes also quite inexplicably, when the program is just sitting ther=
e being
idle, and I perform some operation in another (unrelated) program. I hav=
e not
actually lost any work so far, but it is annoying.

Another irritation is that my sent mail folder keeps defaulting to say 2=
0
messages. I have re-indexed the folder repeatedly, but the next time I o=
pen
PMM2000 I get this short list again. Strange.

Also, one day the program started up in demo mode, and would only allow =
me to
read messages from BPS. I got it to work again by restoring the settings=
 file
from a backup, but it was disconcerting behaviour nonetheless. I have ne=
ver
seen this happen before, although I have used PMM for many, many years (=
ever
since OS/2 2.0).

A minor quirk that I reported some while ago but which is still present =
in
2.20.80 is that the blue highlighting of e-mail addresses is "off" to th=
e left
or the right by a number of positions (usually 5).

Finally, I would appreciate a HTML filter; not one that blocks HTML mess=
ages,
but one that filters the text content and discards the HTML specific cod=
e. Or,
some marker (a colour code or icon) by which it is possible to see BEFOR=
opening a message that it is in HTML format; you can then decide not to =
open it
if it comes from some unknown source.

met vriendelijke groeten,
yours sincerely,