[pmmail-list] Red Folder not Outbox....v2.202380

Ralph Cohen pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 02 Sep 2001 15:08:32 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 02 Sep 2001 09:53:35 -0400 (EDT), Stanley Sidlov wrote:

>>For years I've been telling users that the Inbox folder turns green
>>when it contains mail that is not red yet.
>
>exactly,  a red folder used to indicate that the folder contained an
>unsent or draft email, however, this beta version help says that a
>'red check mark' (which must be a red folder in the os/2 version)
>indicates "ANY MAIL" -- and frankly that's stupid,

I've been using PMMail for three years and the red folders have always
indicated if there was *ANY* mail in a folder.  That could certainly
include either unsent or draft messages if you have the folder set up
that way, but it has never been exclusive to those type messages.  For
instance, I have the option checked for my Trash folders because it
makes it very easy for me to pick them out when I am dragging a group
of files to be deleted.  In other words, the red folder icon is working
exactly the way it is supposed to and exactly how it is described in
the program.

>I am very concerned however, that the version does NOT hold or write
>out the reindexing correctly.  I have thousands of messages in some of
>my folders.  The prior beta locked up on some screwy null messages
>filled with control characters that someone evil sends me, (like every
>version of PMMail before that), and this beta version, reindexes the
>folders, but doesn't hold the index past the session -- meaning that I
>have to reindex a current Warpstock 2001 folder with over 6800
>messages each time I open it. Very annoying

Then why are you using the beta?  I haven't seen *anything* in the
betas that has made me want to chance screwing up my email system.
Perhaps when BSW stops bullshitting everybody about PMMail and actually
makes a concerted and consistent effort to improve it, then I might
give it a try.  Otherwise, every beta drop seems to introduce
additional bugs without any timetable for their repair.  I've been
waiting for almost 2 years for BSW to live up to the promises they
repeatedly make about PMMail,  and at this point I wouldn't believe
them if they told me that the sky was blue.  So, if the earlier GA
version worked for you I'd strongly suggest you go back to it.

Ralph