[pmmail-list] Bug report

Frank Winkler @home pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 15 Sep 2001 16:45:34 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 03 Sep 2001 19:41:48 -0700 (PDT), Kris Sorem Sr wrote:

 >>> Ummm, why would you want to do this _after_ changing main window folder
 >>> view. It would seem logical to open another message in the new folder or
 >>> _not_ change the main window folder view. "View the message above the
 >>> current message" is for navigating the same folder as the open message
 >>> _not_ a new folder.
 >>
 >>Let's say I have got a new mail and wondering about that. Or want to
 >>check something in a different mail. Anyway I am not a robot to do
 >>everything linearly.
 >
 >I open another message in another folder all the time. I just don't expect
 >to use the navigational arrows in the open message to navigate a folder
 >that is not the source folder for the message in focus. Would you expect

There are rumours that people exist who don't close a message window just after
they opened it. I remember situations in which I opened several windows
simultaneously and afterwards it's not too easy to determine if the folder they
came from is the same the cursor just resides in.

 >your command line processor to act on a file in this manner ie open a file
 >from a foreign directory with no reference in your path statement?

That's not a valid comparison as a command shell always has only one active
directory :) ...

 >there for easier navigation of the source folder. PMMail should deactivate
 >these toolbar buttons if the source folder is changed or PMMail should
 >store the path information of the open message when it creates temporary
 >header and body files.

ACK

 >>> Same version on W4FP15 with no enhancers running. Have you made
 >>> alterations to native Warp, running substitute programs or enhancers? If
 >>> so, try doing this from native original Warp with appropriate FP.
 >>
 >>4OS2 is may default command line processor. Maybe this is the reason  I
 >>will try after trhe next reboot.
 >
 >Did it make a difference?

I can't imagine. I'm running W4FP7 with 4OS2 3.01. I've noticed the mentioned
behavior some years ago but PMMail doesn't crash on my system ...

Regards

Frank Winkler                                                frank@consol.de
ConSol GmbH
Franziskanerstr. 38                                   Voice +49 89 45841.275
81669 Munich - Germany                                  Fax +49 89 45841.189