[pmmail-list] PGP setup problems.... (again)

Winfried Tilanus pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 19 Sep 2001 14:52:37 +0200 (CDT)

On Wed, 19 Sep 2001 09:01:34 -0300, PMMail OS/2 Support wrote:

>Unfortunately I can't offer support for PGP installation. While it
>may seem that PGP is properly set up, can you call it from any path?
>IS PMMail maybe getting confused between PGP 2.3 and PGP 5.0? Do BOTH
>of them work from any path?

Basicly I don't need any support for setting up pgp, I can dream that
one. The problem is with PMMail doing something strange.

The *only* pgp files that are in the path are pgp.exe and pgpk.exe from
pgp 5.0. These both work correctly, regardless from the path I call
them from. The pgp 2.6.3 executable does not get activated, unless I
start it from its directory or de a 'set path'. The 'pgppath' directory
contains both the 2.6.3 and the 5.0 config and keyring files, but these
are seperated by their different filenames.

I just tried seperating the 5.0 and the 2.6.3 datafiles and I treid to
revert to the distribution config, but no succes. So: why is PMMail
thinking it has PGP, able to call it, but unable to verify the message?
And most of all: how to work around it, without putting the program
files and the datafiles in one directory?

Best wishes,
Winfried

--
http://web.inter.NL.net/users/Winfried/