[pmmail-list] PMMAIL 2.20.2380 file corruption (forwards with attachments)

Gene Gough pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 19 Sep 2001 16:20:53 -0400

I would much rather that it have the sending userid instead of a timestamp to keep it unique.  While this is
not as a guarantee of being unique, it should do and if user sends the same attachment ID twice you would at
least get a chance to prevent overwrite.

On Wed, 19 Sep 2001 14:52:44 -0400, John Swartzentruber wrote:

>I have a somewhat theoretical question for everyone relating to this.
>How important is it that when you open an attached file, it have
>exactly the name that was in the message? Obviously it is very
>important to maintain the extension. Assuming long names are valid in
>the TEMP directory, would it matter to you when you double-click on
>"license.doc" that the file that is opened is "license_48754.doc"? It

Gene Gough                                         IBM - Retired                                                  Marietta, GA
Gough Family Page  :  http://www.goughfamily.com/home/albums.htm
Gough History           :  http://www.goughfamily.com/familytree/goughtree.html
Professional  Page    :  http://www.goughfamily.com/resume/software_expert.html