[pmmail-list] PMMAIL 2.20.2380 file corruption (forwards with attachments)

pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 16:26:15 +0200 (MEST)

Frank Winkler - Sun Germany REOS - Munich schrieb:

>  >> Interesting data structure. I would do it much more
> easy - what' so
>  >> difficult is preceding the path with a "getenv
> ('TMP')"?
>  >
>  >  And how does the program keep track which file in the
> temp
>  >directory belongs to which message?
>  >
>  >  How does the program avoid duplicate file names?
>
> The same as yours would. Just add the prefix in front of
> the directory name! Instead of
>
> 	INBOX.FLD\gaga.MSG\pic1.jpg
>
> we'd get
>
> 	F:\tmp\[INBOX.FLD\]gaga.msg\pic1.jpg
>
> and so forth ...

  This means to duplicate the folder structure or at least a subset of
it within the temp directory.

  So why not doing it within the folder subdirectories themselves? This
would be easier to understand and maintain, wouldn't it, than to nearly
identical directory structures in separate trees?

  Just imagine that I look at some image from an attachment, keep
PMView open all day, since I like that picture, and then decide that I
want to move the message to another folder or even the folder into
another folder as a sub-folder -- wouldnt that require to move folders
around in this TEMP tree, too? Not very easy, isnt it?

Yours,
L.Willms