[pmmail-list] PMMAIL 2.20.2380 file corruption (forwards with attachments)

Lueko Willms pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 24 Sep 2001 07:39:07 +0200 (MES)

On Sun, 23 Sep 2001 19:26:46 -0700 (PDT), Kris Sorem Sr wrote:

> >  Did this remove the misunderstanding?

> Yes, it does. I apologize for not going back to review your full
> commentary. I responded only to the quoted response. I don't think the
> solution requires coding to create subdirectories for attachments,
> however. PMMail works just fine as presently implemented using a single
> 'temp' directory.

  There are cases thinkable where someone -- maybe me -- opens (for
viewing) an attachment from more than one message with the same name,
e.g. this "Unnamed Attachment.ATT" or a "pricelist.pdf" or
"pricelist.xls".

   This will also create name conflicts which can be avoided by
implementing my proposal.

Yours,
Lüko Willms
Frankfurt/Main