[pmmail-list] PMMAIL 2.20.2380 file corruption (forwards with attachments)

Kris Sorem Sr pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 23 Sep 2001 19:26:46 -0700 (PDT)

My reply to message from Lueko Willms sent on
Sun, 23 Sep 2001 08:26:26 +0200 (MES). You wrote:

>  Did this remove the misunderstanding?
Yes, it does. I apologize for not going back to review your full
commentary. I responded only to the quoted response. I don't think the
solution requires coding to create subdirectories for attachments,
however. PMMail works just fine as presently implemented using a single
'temp' directory. The only exception involves a function where the decode
of an attachment isn't necessary. My recommendation for  changing the
implementation of that function is to eliminate the decode and file
creation process that isn't needed. The MIME-encoded attachment(s) should
be parsed from the message and then appended to the newly formed message.
Decode should only occur if the user wishes to open or save the
attachment.
--
JMO,
/s/~Kris