[pmmail-list] PMMAIL 2.20.2380 file corruption (forwards with attachments)

Lueko Willms pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 23 Sep 2001 08:26:26 +0200 (MES)

On Sat, 22 Sep 2001 14:37:12 -0700 (PDT), Kris Sorem Sr wrote:

  ... I think something based on a misunderstanding:

> My reply to message from Lueko.Willms@t-online.de sent on
> Fri, 21 Sep 2001 16:20:59 +0200 (MEST). You wrote:
>
> >  BTW, I did suggest not to use the filename of the message as the
> >directory name, but to use ATT as file name extension instead of MSG.
> >Any way, it would make it very easy to record the relationship between
> >message and detached attachments. The detached attachment can then be
> >moved to another directory without unpacking it again.
>
> The problem with changing the file extension as recorded in the message is
> file association. PMMail would not know what external application to call
> for the decoded attachment.

  I did not suggest to change the file extension of the _attachment_
for the detached file, but to create a _subdirectory_ in the
message's folder directory with the same base name as the message
file, and to place the detached attachments with their original file
names in there (if needed).

  Again the example which I have explained before: your message with
the REXX script to clean um the PMMail TEMP directory is stored in
the folder-directory for this mailing list as file "GJYVBK0.MSG".

  To keep detached attachment, I suggested to create a directory
named "GJYVBK0.ATT". Your REXX script would then have the filename
"GJYVBK0.ATT\CleanTmp.CMD" (relative to the folder's directory).

  Did this remove the misunderstanding?

Yours,
Lüko Willms
Frankfurt/Main