[pmmail-list] PMMAIL 2.20.2380 file corruption (forwards with attachments)

Kris Sorem Sr pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 22 Sep 2001 14:37:12 -0700 (PDT)

My reply to message from Lueko.Willms@t-online.de sent on
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 16:20:59 +0200 (MEST). You wrote:

>  BTW, I did suggest not to use the filename of the message as the
>directory name, but to use ATT as file name extension instead of MSG.
>Any way, it would make it very easy to record the relationship between
>message and detached attachments. The detached attachment can then be
>moved to another directory without unpacking it again.

The problem with changing the file extension as recorded in the message is
file association. PMMail would not know what external application to call
for the decoded attachment.
--
JMO,
/s/~Kris