[pmmail-list] Outward filter needed

Brian Morrison pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 27 Aug 2002 09:06:21 +0100

--UEj.GX=.RNjBSUmK

On Tue, 27 Aug 2002 02:24:51 +0100 (BST)
"Paul Ratcliffe" <paul@orac.clara.co.uk> wrote:

> On Tue, 27 Aug 2002 13:09:49 +1200, Richard Grevers wrote:
>
> >Ensure that when I click reply, the reply goes to
> >the list address. I've sent too many messages to the
> >wrong person.
>
> Which header is the list address defined in? You need to be precise in
> what you are asking for. Why don't you post a sample? It makes life so
> much simpler....
>
> >Either that or an incoming filter which will change the
> >reply-to: address to that of the list, which will trigger
> >the usual prompt.
>
> That is a much better idea, as it allows you the flexibility to reply
> to either.

Sylpheed does this by looking for the List-Post: header (or indeed some
variations on this), but this will still be overridden by a Reply-To:
header.

The filtering approach sounds best for this, but I always think of it as
a way of enforcing discipline on people, it really makes sense to check
those addresses when you post to avoid embarrassment.

--
Brian Morrison

bdm at fenrir dot org dot uk

--UEj.GX=.RNjBSUmK