[pmmail-list] m.size Filter Broken in PMMail Win 2.20.2661?

Anthony Data Systems pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 17 Dec 2002 12:50:09 +0000

--_=_=_=IMA.BOUNDARY.HTML_8245116=_=_=_

Yes. They also changed the way brackets work without telling anyone (if you use the OR operator | without brackets your filter will no longer work). I wanted to use message size for spam filtering (many spam message have a size of 140 to 160k so any with this size can be treated with suspicion!), but as you say the size tag described in the help does not work.

Paul

On Thu, 12 Dec 2002 14:29:28 -0500, Ralph Cohen wrote:

>I have several complex filters that use the m.size tag.  I've been
>using them for a couple of years but I just tried to make a small
>change in one of them and when I clicked OK, I got the following Filter
>Definition Error:
>
>(11) ERROR - Unknown field specifier (SIZE) in the Whole Message search
>(M.SIZE>"12000")
>
>I've also tried making new filters using m.size and the same error
>occurs.  This happens when running PMMail Win 2.20.2661 on Win2k SP2.
>Can anyone else confirm this problem?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Ralph Cohen
>- pmmail-list - The PMMail Discussion List ---------------------------
>To POST to the list, send your message to:
>pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com

>with the first line of the message body being...
--_=_=_=IMA.BOUNDARY.HTML_8245116=_=_=_

<HTML>

<FONT SIZE="2" POINTSIZE="10" DEFAULT="SIZE">Yes. They also changed the way brackets work without telling anyone (if you use the OR operator | without brackets your filter will no longer work). I wanted to use message size for spam filtering (many spam message have a size of 140 to 160k so any with this size can be treated with suspicion!), but as you say the size tag described in the help does not work.<BR>

<BR>

Paul<BR>

<BR>

On Thu, 12 Dec 2002 14:29:28 -0500, Ralph Cohen wrote:<BR>

<BR>

&gt;I have several complex filters that use the m.size tag.  I've been<BR>

&gt;using them for a couple of years but I just tried to make a small<BR>

&gt;change in one of them and when I clicked OK, I got the following Filter<BR>

&gt;Definition Error:<BR>

&gt;<BR>

&gt;(11) ERROR - Unknown field specifier (SIZE) in the Whole Message search<BR>

&gt;(M.SIZE&gt;"12000")<BR>

&gt;<BR>

&gt;I've also tried making new filters using m.size and the same error<BR>

&gt;occurs.  This happens when running PMMail Win 2.20.2661 on Win2k SP2. <BR>

&gt;Can anyone else confirm this problem?<BR>

&gt;<BR>

&gt;Thanks,<BR>

&gt;<BR>

&gt;Ralph Cohen<BR>

&gt;- pmmail-list - The PMMail Discussion List ---------------------------<BR>

&gt;To POST to the list, send your message to:<BR>

&gt;<FONT COLOR=0000ff><U>pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com<FONT COLOR=000000 DEFAULT="COLOR"></U><BR>

&gt;<BR>

&gt;with the first line of the message body being...<BR>