[pmmail-list] m.size Filter Broken in PMMail Win 2.20.2661?

Anthony Data Systems pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 11:42:40 +0000

--_=_=_=IMA.BOUNDARY.HTML_8245116=_=_=_

Yes, I understand BSW is a very small outfit so perhaps they're on holiday! I understand they're concentrating on a major re-write now which I hope will address some of the major issues with PM and perhaps add some of the features that we've been requesting for many months.

My favourite would be to have the right arrow key (or another key) bring up the Canned Replies menu whilst typing an email. At the moment you have to move your hand back to the mouse to include stock phrases which slows things down and makes them rather less useful than they might be. Also the Search routine could do with some speeding up!

Generally its probably still the best non MS mail client and I recommend all of my non-business contacts to use it. Of course it doesn't have the same level of business-process integration as you can get with Outlook, but its nice to smile smugly as the latest scripting worm does the rounds and drops harmlesly into my inbox or, eventually spam folder.

On Tue, 17 Dec 2002 13:20:25 -0500, Ralph Cohen wrote:

>On Tue, 17 Dec 2002 12:50:09 +0000, Anthony Data Systems wrote:
>
>>Yes. They also changed the way brackets work without telling anyone (if you use the OR operator | without brackets your filter will no longer work). I wanted to use message size for spam filtering (many spam message have a size of 140 to 160k so any with this size can be treated with suspicion!), but as you say the size tag described in the help does not work.
>>

>Thanks for the feedback, Paul.  Unfortunately, there's no way to know
>if BSW is aware of the problem or even if there's any work-around since
>they haven't responded here or on their on-line forum where I also
>posted the question.  I also need to use the m.size tag for virus
>filtering and it's disturbing not to have it working.
>
>Ralph
>- pmmail-list - The PMMail Discussion List ---------------------------
>To POST to the list, send your message to:
>pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com

>with the first line of the message body being...
--_=_=_=IMA.BOUNDARY.HTML_8245116=_=_=_

<HTML>

<FONT SIZE="2" POINTSIZE="10" DEFAULT="SIZE">Yes, I understand BSW is a very small outfit so perhaps they're on holiday! I understand they're concentrating on a major re-write now which I hope will address some of the major issues with PM and perhaps add some of the features that we've been requesting for many months.<BR>

<BR>

My favourite would be to have the right arrow key (or another key) bring up the Canned Replies menu whilst typing an email. At the moment you have to move your hand back to the mouse to include stock phrases which slows things down and makes them rather less useful than they might be. Also the Search routine could do with some speeding up!<BR>

<BR>

Generally its probably still the best non MS mail client and I recommend all of my non-business contacts to use it. Of course it doesn't have the same level of business-process integration as you can get with Outlook, but its nice to smile smugly as the latest scripting worm does the rounds and drops harmlesly into my inbox or, eventually spam folder.<BR>

<BR>

<BR>

On Tue, 17 Dec 2002 13:20:25 -0500, Ralph Cohen wrote:<BR>

<BR>

&gt;On Tue, 17 Dec 2002 12:50:09 +0000, Anthony Data Systems wrote:<BR>

&gt;<BR>

&gt;&gt;Yes. They also changed the way brackets work without telling anyone (if you use the OR operator | without brackets your filter will no longer work). I wanted to use message size for spam filtering (many spam message have a size of 140 to 160k so any with this size can be treated with suspicion!), but as you say the size tag described in the help does not work.<BR>

&gt;&gt;<BR>

&gt;<BR>

&gt;Thanks for the feedback, Paul.  Unfortunately, there's no way to know<BR>

&gt;if BSW is aware of the problem or even if there's any work-around since<BR>

&gt;they haven't responded here or on their on-line forum where I also<BR>

&gt;posted the question.  I also need to use the m.size tag for virus<BR>

&gt;filtering and it's disturbing not to have it working.<BR>

&gt;<BR>

&gt;Ralph<BR>

&gt;- pmmail-list - The PMMail Discussion List ---------------------------<BR>

&gt;To POST to the list, send your message to:<BR>

&gt;<FONT COLOR=0000ff><U>pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com<FONT COLOR=000000 DEFAULT="COLOR"></U><BR>

&gt;<BR>

&gt;with the first line of the message body being...<BR>