[pmmail-list] Additional feature request for OS/2 New Version

Dave Saville pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 01 Feb 2002 11:48:40 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 1 Feb 2002 10:02:51 +0100 (CET),
pmmail-archive@joachimselinger.de wrote:

>Hi Winfried!
>
>On  1 Feb, Winfried Tilanus wrote:
>> On Fri, 1 Feb 2002 08:43:05 +0100 (CET),
>> pmmail-archive@joachimselinger.de wrote:
>>
>>>That just leads me to another feature request. Can we possibly get some
>>>function that would tell us the full path of the message in question?
>>>This way, it would be easier to do manual manipulations on the message
>>>files.
>>>
>>>Often have I gone throuhg lots of files with 'grep' and companions to
>>>find the one where I want to extract some info in the raw format.
>>
>> Well, I don't know exactly how such a function should wor, but some
>> kind of it, is already present in PMMail: the external hook (send /
>> recieve / filter). It passes as argument the message that is processed
>> to the script.
>>
>> Want a copy of the message? Make a batchfile like this:
>> @copy %1 c:\someplace\
>>
>> Don't know if this is a sollution to your problem?
>
>Thanks for the idea! Yes that is a solution, but requires one more step. I
>thought of having the path on my fingertips and available for cut and
>past. Your solution still has a problem if you do this often, as it
>clutters up \someplace\ and then I'm still at a loss which message which
>file there was, unless I delete the older ones or overwrite them.

<snip>

My ClipView utility package for OS/2 includes two programs to pipe
between the command line and the clipboard.

So a filter cmd file like

/* */
parse arg file
'@echo 'file' |pipeclip'

Would get the file name into the clipboard just by running the
filter.

Clipview can be found on Hobbes as clipvw15.zip

--
Regards

Dave Saville
Please note new email address dave.saville@ntlworld.com