[pmmail-list] Odin=Obsolete (was:PMMail and Odin)

Paul Hodges pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 08 Feb 2002 20:16:13

On Fri, 08 Feb 2002 20:37:04 +0100, Dr. Martin R. Hadam wrote:

>There is little if anything that you cannot do using VPC that is
>doable with ODIN; actually almost everything you can do better.

True, but not the point.  I run VPC on Windows regularly (with eCS in
one of the virtual machines), and the resources that are required for
adequate performance are quite large compared with the modest machines
on which many people still like to run OS/2.  I would not see the use
of VPC to run one program as directly competing with the use of ODIN to
run that program in an OS/2 process at all.

Paul Hodges
QBS Software Ltd