[pmmail-list] Migrating filters

Ralph Cohen pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 14:29:26 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 11 Feb 2002 20:16:41 +0100 (CET), Frans Morre wrote:

>If you find something, I'd appreciate it if you could mail me this, I'm
>planning to switch the lists next weekend. What is still not clear, is
>how the folders are referenced. How do I make the link between that
>number and the folder or directory name, or get the number of a folder
>?  (For Lueko) Since I need to resuscribe with another emailID and
>later unsuscribe the old one once all's running smoothly, I cann't just
>"move" the subdirectories, I'll copy the old messages over later.

If I were going to do this, I would set up the new account and create
all the necessary folders into which you plan to filter messages.  Then
I'd create simple filters that each move mail to one of those  new
folders.  When you're finished, examine the new FILTERS.LST file and
find the new folder number for each of the folders.  Swap those new
numbers for the ones in your original FILTERS.LST file and save the new
file in the new account directory.  I don't know if that will work but
I can't think of a reason why it wouldn't.

Ralph Cohen