[pmmail-list] My Pmmail/2 had multiple duplicates in address book

Robert Traynor (BobT) pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 07 Jul 2002 06:29:03 +1000 (EST)

Hi Trevor,

The earlier report of duplication of address book entries, has surfaced again.
The windows PmMail version 2.20.2502 latest and the os/2 version is also the
latest v2.20.2382.

I can duplicate it as follows.
I will boot Win98 then os2 then back to Win98.
Please note, it ONLY will occur if I am viewing an email and
select from TOOLS "Add sender to Address book".

First boot to win98.
Then in PmMail while viewing an email and using the option
adding (successfully) an email address to the address book.
Next boot to os2. Run PmMail, view an email and also add the
email address of any sender to the address book.

The address book is ok at this point. No Dupes yet.

Now boot Win98 and run Windows PmMail yet again.
This time I do not add any emails to the address book.
I just have a look at the address book entries.

Of the 2 emails added to the address book, only the one added while
in os/2 PmMail is still listed once.

EVERY other email in the whole address book is duplicated.
But not the one added while in os/2.

Regards,
Robert Traynor (BobT).

On Tue, 02 Apr 2002 14:12:54 -0400, PMMail OS/2 Support wrote:

> On Tue, 02 Apr 2002 19:51:01 +1000 (EST), Robert Traynor  (BobT)
> wrote:
>
> >So I figured I would leave the unhighlighted (not deleted ones)
> >at the bottom of the address book listing.  This worked.!
>
> Very odd.
>
> >Now after much opening and closing of both PmMail/2 and its address
> >book, I finally have only ONE of each entries..
> >
> >I have NEVER seen any os/2 problem like this.  Is it a known problem.?
>
> I have never had it reported before, no.
>
> >All is well so far.  Anyone know what happened.?
>
> Keep me posted if it reoccurs.
>

> --
> Trevor Smith
> PMMail/2 Technical Support
> pmmailos2@blueprintsoftwareworks.com

   ,-._|\       Robert Traynor        (BobT)
 /  Oz  \      email            rtraynor@optusnet.com.au
 \_,--.x/