[pmmail-list] problem with deleting messages from server

Steve Barber pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 00:12:15 -0400

On Fri, 26 Jul 2002 13:32:45 +1000, Rod... Whitworth wrote:

>Nope. Unless you can get a friendly admin to snarf it for you and zip
>it up and send it on to you or Brandon. I guess that in its
>uncompressed form it may affect Brandon in a similar manner ?
>
>Rod.

Well, I'm not on a first name basis with my ISP ... and hope not to
ever need to be.

But, I could use my web mail to forward it to Brandon (without having
to download it, myself).

You're right it would probably cause the same problem at his id, if
it's a mail related problem as I suspect ... still, that could be the
point, anyway.

Maybe it would give him enough information (with the expected
failure) to confirm that it is a mail related problem or perhaps even
to lead to a solution, if it's something about the mail that PMMail
is not handling correctly.

Of course, the failure may not occur in a forwarded (rather than
bounced) message ... or the problem could be something about Windows
or the server's inability to download the message.

Am I thinking about this wrong?  And ... Brandon may have enough
problems without bad messages, anyway :-)

SteveB

Steve Barber
104 Sylvan Grove
Cary, NC 27511