[pmmail-list] problem with deleting messages from server

Brandon King pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 00:33:49 -0400

On Fri, 26 Jul 2002 00:12:15 -0400, Steve Barber wrote:

>Of course, the failure may not occur in a forwarded (rather than
>bounced) message ... or the problem could be something about Windows
>or the server's inability to download the message.

The main problem with forwarded messages is that most mailers do not include
the original headers, and this is the most vital information when trying to
find the source of a problem email. This is why we request bounced or attached
messages be sent when you experience a problem. I don't know if your web mail
will allow you to view the full message, but if you can, paste it (including
headers) into a text file and attach and send that. I can test that by
receiving it into PMMail from a local folder using the SMTP receive feature and
then bounce it to recreate the POP receive. By the way, have you ever
experienced the message when your inbox had fewer than 100 messages? Just
curious if this is only occurring when there are a large number of messages on
the server at one time.

>And ... Brandon may have enough
>problems without bad messages, anyway :-)

Are you kidding? I live for this, seriously! Barring a problem with the spell
checker crashing when it is cancelled on an outgoing message with javascript
code, I think this beta is ready to be released. I discovered this as Peter was
leaving the office today, so depending on how long it takes to resolve that, I
will be posting the new Windows beta tomorrow afternoon.

Brandon King
PMMail 2000 Technical Support
support@blueprintsoftwareworks.com