[pmmail-list] PMMail 2000 Windows Beta - Sound bug

Ralph Cohen pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 26 Jul 2002 23:09:54 -0400

On Sat, 27 Jul 2002 14:02:31 +1200, Richard Grevers wrote:

>A bug report: (both old versions and new beta)
>
>I finally figured this one out while twiddling
>preferences in the new beta.
>
>If the account properties for sound say to use a
>system beep when new mail arrives, but a filter
>within that account defines a wav file, no sound
>is generated for any incoming mail (filtered or not)
>on that account.

Funny you should mention that.  I never had that problem until recently
when I moved to a much faster system than I had been using.  Suddenly,
just as the filter's wav file would start to play, it would get cut off
by the default sound (another wav file) I had selected to signal any
incoming mail.  I kludged around the problem by changing my filter
actions a bit.  After playing the filter's sound but before sending the
message to a folder, I change its status from 'Unread' to 'Read' and
back to 'Unread' again. This causes enough of a delay so that I can
hear the filter's wav file before the default sound for incoming mail
plays.  A nice feature enhancement to PMMail would be to allow the
incoming mail sound settings to be set on a folder by folder basis.

Ralph Cohen