[pmmail-list] PMMail 2000 Windows Beta

Simon Wright pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 27 Jul 2002 17:13:48 +0200 (CDT)

>Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 17:54:03 -0400
>From: "PMMail 2000 Support" <jimmym@blueprintsoftwareworks.com>
>
>OK, before this storm knocks out the power completely, I wanted to post
>the availability of PMMail 2000 for Windows beta 2.20.2577.

Hi Brandon:

I just wanted to say that *this* is what I was hoping for from
the PMMail List - information about what is going on (even when
it's nothing!), releases, features, changes, answering problems,
discussions etc. with input from the BSW side as well as from
users. Please keep up the good work.

OK, I'd like it more if there were announcements about the OS/2
version, but you've already said that this will happen once
Peter has been able to rationalise/migrate the code.

I also wanted to put in my 2c worth on HTML mail. I don't care
how PMMail displays HTML, as long as I have the option to turn
it off so that I see only plain text!! Having said that, I
understand why some people need to be able to see it, and so the
support should be as accurate as possible - read pragmatic
rather then what is RFC-compliant (if any HTML mail is) - for
those that need it.

You also said that you would be posting a bugs list to the web
site very soon and that once this beta is finalised, it would be
the basis of the final v2xx PMMail. Do you have or will you also
post a projected feature list for v3?

Good luck with future development.

--
Simon Wright

Real mail to undiver06 at gmx dot net
Remove un from diver06

Moalboal - the most affordable diving in the Philippines . . .
http://www.moalboal.ws