[pmmail-list] Fetching large mail

J Seder pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 27 Jun 2002 14:26:39 +0000

>> My guess is that you're fetching the message as part of PMMail startup,
>> so you can't act on it with Remote Control.
>
>Nope, that's the first thing I disabled. I've been using direct fetches
>and remote control, tried it with delete and leave on server...
>I even tried with/without quick interrogation

"delete and leave on server" doesn't apply to Remote Control.
"direct fetches" doesn't apply to Remote Control.
"quick interrogation" doesn't apply to Remote Control.

You just want this message to go away, right?

Having disabled fetch-on-startup, open Remote Control, "Refresh Message
List" (Ctrl-L), highlight the bad message, select "Mark to Delete"
(Ctrl-D)  and then "Transfer" (Ctrl-T).  Refresh the Message List
(Ctrl-L).

What do you see?

The message absolutely should go away.  If it doesn't, I suspect that
you do have an ISP problem.  Ask your ISP to delete all files in your
mailbox.

In Remote Control mode, the PMMail mechanisms that are sensitive to
message structure and contents are irrelevant.