[pmmail-list] HTML mail again (was: PMMail 2000 Update)

John Swartzentruber pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 29 May 2002 13:05:10 -0400

On Wed, 29 May 2002 09:39:14 -0700 (PDT), Dave Hathaway wrote:

>Third, I don't know about y'all, but I am getting a ton of these
>stupid 120K HTML virus messages.  I mean, one account gets a dozen or
>more of these every day.  I'm getting these because the popularity of
>HTML mail has made it possible.

I agree with most of your points, but I'm not sure about this. I mean,
obviously it is true on one level, but you could blame SMTP as well,
and you wouldn't argue to get rid of that.

Is HTML mail really the problem, or is it Outlook's HTML mail? Even if
PMMail had full HTML support (whatever that means) but not script
support, would it be more vulnerable to these worms and viruses?