[pmmail-list] Spam -- your definition

Oberon pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 30 May 2002 09:50:43 -0500

On Thu, 30 May 2002 08:43:55 -0600 (MDT), Ann Knight wrote:

> UCE/UBE (my definition of "spam") is theft. Telemarketers don't call me collect

No, but they call on the phone you pay to have in your home.  This analogy is
closer to what happens with spam in most cases than your analogy.  Many of us
don't pay by the piece for our e-mail, it's a flat subscription rate, same as
your home phone line.  To that end, I tell telemarketers that I will listen
to their pitch when I receive a contribution toward my phone bill.