[pmmail-list] 3rd attempt: How to set the subject of a canned reply?

PMMail 2000 Support pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 09:37:33 -0500

On Wed, 13 Nov 2002 10:18:41 +0100 (CET), Andreas Ludwig wrote:

>this is my third attempt to get any answer on the follwoing question.
>PLease, BSW, answer - I really need this feature for the little mailing
>list I host:

Andreas,

The usefulness of a $subject$ tag in the canned reply is not lost on us
here, we very much would like to add this feature, and it likely will
be added in the future. Unfortunately, it is not available at this
time.

>I created an outgoing filter for setting the subject line. Now - this
>filter changes the subject of the message as it is shown in the message
>list, but NOT in the real message. When opening the message I see the
>old 'Re: ...' subject.

This filter action was originally created to better organize messages
in your personal storage areas and not thought of as an outgoing
filter. Being that I haven't been around from the beginning, I can't
say if this ever worked for sure, but I do know that it has not worked
on outgoing messages for at least the last 8 months. Peter has looked
at this and there have been more pressing issues that need correcting
and outweighed the time it would have taken to fix this problem.

Thanks,
Brandon King, PMMail 2000 Technical Support
support@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
http://www.pmmail2000.com