[pmmail-list] 3rd attempt: How to set the subject of a canned reply?

Simon Bowring pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 10:41:15 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 13 Nov 2002 11:11:46 -0500 (EST), Carl Gehr wrote:

>Why?  Simple!  If, as the author of the original message, I decide to
>use the Subject that *I* wrote to put the original message away, and
>YOU decided to CHANGE what *I* wrote, you make it difficult for me to
>relate your response to my message.

Be reasonable! The guy wants to automate some mailing list thing
and legitimately wants to be able to set the subject!

Besides, the message-id header is how a *mail client* is supposed
to relate a reply to the original (not the subject header).
In your case I got:

The big problem is that PMMail neither generates message-ids, neither
can it honour them to do message threading! Many other mail
clients can however (this is especially frustrating considering
the original pmmail's companion news-reader, PMINews does both
generate and honour messgae-ids to do true message threading, so
the original authors even had the code!)

Simon