[pmmail-list] sorting folders

Tim Roberts pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 07 Oct 2002 16:11:00 -0700

On Mon, 07 Oct 2002 15:27:15 -0700, Marty Rimpau wrote:

>Hi, list, is there a way to set up pm mail where when you've I've
>expanded a tree-view of lists, in this case, that's what it's called,
>that I only get the items in the list, and must close the tree-view to
>get back to what ever is in the default folder list?  I ask, because
>I've been trying to rename my folders in such a way where all I have to
>do is press the letter of the messages I want to view, and it goes
>right to that folder, but when I'm on an item below the letter in the
>alfabet I want to go to, I have to press the particular letter twice,
>for example, if I'm on x, for blind x, I have to press the letter t
>twice to get to tech, or blind tech, and trash appears the first time I
>press t, and this shouldn't be, as only those items in the expanded
>tree-view should be visible, and the tree-view should be closed to get
>back to the default list such as inbox, outbox, etc.

For what it's worth, this behavior comes from the stock Microsoft tree view
control, and there is not very much PMMail can do about it.  For every person
who would like it to behave your way, there is another person who has come to
rely on the Microsoft behavior, and would be confused if it were changed.

--
- Tim Roberts, timr@probo.com
  Providenza & Boekelheide, Inc.