[pmmail-list] NoWrap Draft [Was: PMMail suggestions}

L.Willms pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 10:41:55 +0200 (MES)

On Wed, 11 Sep 2002 03:19:12 -0400 (EDT), Carl Gehr wrote:

> On Tue, 10 Sep 2002 23:08:56 -0700, J Seder wrote:

> >3.  If I save a draft, it gets reflowed and line breaks are inserted -
> >unless I remember to change the "Word Wrap" option to "No Wrap".  When
> >I later reopen the message to revise it further, I must remove all the
> >breaks...  Can you force "Word Wrap" to "No Wrap" whenever any message
> >is saved as a draft?

   I disagree, because there is a much better solution: an editing function
which reformats the highlighted text according to the current word-wrap
options and line length, while keeping possible quote characters always at the
beginning of a line instead of interspersing it into the text lines.

   The internal editor of CROSSPOINT (short XPOINT or XP) does do it with the
CTRL-B command. I'm not sure, but I think that I remember that the Post Road
Mailer was able to do the same thing.

   Such a feature is useful not only for handling drafts, but any kind of
text, including especially replies, which are often plagued by a line length
incompatible with the replier's line length.

Yours,
Lüko Willms