[pmmail-list] PMMail error with DSL...

John Swartzentruber pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 10:56:59 -0400

On Fri, 13 Sep 2002 07:43:19 -0700, J Seder wrote:

>Many people have asymmetric e-mail setups, where they send mail via
>their ISP but receive mail from their proprietary domain.  From the
>headers of this message, you can see that I'm connected through PacBell
>Internet (DSL) but receive e-mail through my own domain (syntel.com).

Could I ask what your reasoning is for this setup? I'm just curious.
For awhile I had the exact opposite setup (receive from my ISP, send
through my own domain). My reasoning was that I could send my messages
to the smtp server at 100mbps instead of 128kbps. (note, for mailing
lists I both send and receive from my own domain)