[pmmail-list] Unsubscribe statement

Rod.. Whitworth pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 29 Apr 2003 22:43:13 +1000

On Tue, 29 Apr 2003 12:42:30 +0100, Paul Hodges wrote:

>On Tue, 29 Apr 2003 21:18:01 +1000, Rod.. Whitworth wrote:
>
>>  This bird is running on empty.
>
>The support and development of PMMail was discussed at length here
>some months back.  BSW made it clear they have no resources to do
>this.  This list is probably not the place to discuss their business
>acumen.

Huh?

I was offering a sale of 250 copies. The request for a price was never
answered. You are getting no support here. This parrot has ceased to
be! At (for extreme example) 50% discount that is $5,000.00 roughly.
What kind of business snubs that? If you read my correspondence (quoted
in the message to which you replied) you'd have noticed that I was
offering to go without a profit to boost the product. Fat lot of good
that did!

I was answering a message about lack of support. This list is a (now
user self help list. That works when the product is open source......

My message was about why BSW doesn't have the funds for support. It is
all about attitude. Poor Jimmy and Trevor always did their best. Never
heard from now.

Eyes, look your last,
Arms, take your last embrace,
And lips, oh you, the doors of breath,
Seal with a righteous kiss,
Seal with a righteous kiss.
The rest is silence.
The rest is silence.

>It was also made clear the Peter Nielsen (of PMView fame), who made
>the recent round of corrections and updates to the Windows version,
>is interested in rewriting PMMail using a cross-platform library that
>is available for Linux and Windows and is currently being ported to
>OS/2; the original development would be Windows-based, but it is
>expected that the OS/2 version of the library would be available by
>the time it was ready, and so a new OS/2 version of PMMail could be
>made available shortly thereafter.  He is about to release a new
>version of PMView, so could possibly move on to PMMail after that
>
>Of course, he might not be as well disposed to this project if he
>only gets flak for any efforts he puts into it...

I provided Peter with an email account account to debug APOP access
when the Windows version was buggy. He didn't get any flak from me.
The bug was fixed by him with my help.

>Meanwhile, anyone who has an issue with BSW should try to contact BSW
>directly (perhaps through BMT Micro) instead of shouting in a list
>they are not currently responding to.

Huh? You tried when?
If the head prick can't reply to a RFQ for 250 copies, what can you do
to wake him?

>There are also alternatives, of course - Polarbar (www.polarbar.org)
>is the obvious one to try, as it is free and being developed very
>actively.

I have people who bought PMM based on my promises. They don't thank me
for having to switch to other products to get away from oft reported
bugs.

Ahhh but there I go again discussing business acumen.... or the lack of
it that means no support. Or is it the other way round?

Goodnight!