[pmmail-list] virus kills pmmail

Dave pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 12 Aug 2003 07:44:03 -0500

>Most likely this explains a good percentage of "spam kills pmmail"
>problems. Now who gets killer spam and has *no* AV in place?

Just to add to the knowledge base, McAfee Online also killed PMMail on
my WinXP-based computer, even though I don't save the attachments.  It
apparently is parsing the Mime or UU-encoding to peek inside the
email.  If I find PMMail dying, I turn off the McAfee Online scanner,
retrieve the mail, delete it, then re-enable the scanner.

The McAfee VirusScan TC On-Access Scanner has no such problems on my
Win2K office box.  Of course, I don't write the attachments out so I
don't actually create a virus file.

Dying with the Online scanner happens so regularly that I think of it
as a feature, not a bug.  :-(

Dave