[pmmail-list] PMMail/2 - Saving Text of Messages Automatically

Dave Saville pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 07 Dec 2003 12:11:16 +0000 (GMT)

On Sat, 06 Dec 2003 17:54:09 -0800 (PST), Phil Kane wrote:

>  Has anyone come up with a working REXX script which will save the
>  body of a message (no headers) as a text file in a specified path
>  and keyed on the date sent of the message (YYMMDD format if
>  possible), appended if such file exits.  These incoming messages are
>  all text, no MIME, no attachments, just plain text.
>
>  I do this manually using an (external) text editor but I would like
>  it to happen automatically as the message is downloaded into PMMail/2.

Should not be too hard. First thing is to establish *what* to fire
the process on. Then use a filter process script. The script reads
the mail, throwing away the lines until it sees the *first* blank
line. It then copies the rest to wherever. The file name is easy to
construct.

A subsequent action on the filter would be to dump the message.

HTH

--
Regards

Dave Saville