[pmmail-list] [mkc] Combining Installations ?

Mike Kilroy pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 19 Dec 2003 07:10:23 -0500

--_=_=_=IMA.BOUNDARY.HTML_0855368=_=_=_

I promise that if you simply copy the whole pmmail directory from each machine to the one you want to have all, you will have
all emails and all folders as wanted.  In addition, you will only have the LAST copy of MRU (most recently used) addresses,
indexes (folder bags) (which a reindex will fix).  You will not get a composite of all address books; again, you can cc their
TOOLS directory and have the last one cc'ed.  Perhaps you can export them to a new file and import all together - prob a not
to hard way to do this?

I have cc'ed whole pmmail accounts via pmmail and tools directory copies, between win98, win2000, os2, and winxp without
incident.

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 22:26:50 -0500, Charles Sardeson wrote:

>Over the years, I've somewhat artlessly ended up with PMMail
>installed at least a couple of times on at least a couple of (NT 4.0)
> machines.  I assume that the filenames in the folders are
>constructed to be absolutely unique, so I'm hoping that if I combine
>several copies of the same folder (used to be something like "copy
>a.mbx + b.mbx + c.mbx = d.mbx" to concatenate all into one), and
>reindex, I can unite my dispersed mail into one, big set of folders
>accessed from one copy of the software.  Can anyone "promise" me that
>this will work?

>Thanks,
>Chuck Sardeson
>- pmmail-list - The PMMail Discussion List ---------------------------
>To POST to the list, send your message to:
>pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com

>with the first line of the message body being...

--_=_=_=IMA.BOUNDARY.HTML_0855368=_=_=_

<HTML>

<FONT SIZE="2" POINTSIZE="10" DEFAULT="SIZE">I promise that if you simply copy the whole pmmail directory from each machine to the one you want to have all, you will have all emails and all folders as wanted.  In addition, you will only have the LAST copy of MRU (most recently used) addresses, indexes (folder bags) (which a reindex will fix).  You will not get a composite of all address books; again, you can cc their TOOLS directory and have the last one cc'ed.  Perhaps you can export them to a new file and import all together - prob a not to hard way to do this?  <BR>

<BR>

I have cc'ed whole pmmail accounts via pmmail and tools directory copies, between win98, win2000, os2, and winxp without incident.<BR>

<BR>

<BR>

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 22:26:50 -0500, Charles Sardeson wrote:<BR>

<BR>

&gt;<BR>

&gt;Over the years, I've somewhat artlessly ended up with PMMail<BR>

&gt;installed at least a couple of times on at least a couple of (NT 4.0)<BR>

&gt; machines.  I assume that the filenames in the folders are<BR>

&gt;constructed to be absolutely unique, so I'm hoping that if I combine<BR>

&gt;several copies of the same folder (used to be something like "copy<BR>

&gt;a.mbx + b.mbx + c.mbx = d.mbx" to concatenate all into one), and<BR>

&gt;reindex, I can unite my dispersed mail into one, big set of folders<BR>

&gt;accessed from one copy of the software.  Can anyone "promise" me that<BR>

&gt;this will work?<BR>

&gt;<BR>

&gt;Thanks,<BR>

&gt;Chuck Sardeson <BR>

&gt;- pmmail-list - The PMMail Discussion List ---------------------------<BR>

&gt;To POST to the list, send your message to:<BR>

&gt;<FONT COLOR=0000ff><U>pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com<FONT COLOR=000000 DEFAULT="COLOR"></U><BR>

&gt;<BR>

&gt;with the first line of the message body being...<BR>