[pmmail-list] URLs in Pmm Pro for windows

John Bridges pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 16 Jan 2003 19:45:29 -0800

On Thu, 16 Jan 2003 21:38:34 -0500, John Swartzentruber wrote:

>Actually I looked and it looks like what you posted is FUD. From
>www.tinyurl.com:
>
>>By entering in a URL in the text field below, we will create a tiny URL that will not break in email postings and never expires.

expire as in die.

This URL is no more!
It has ceased to be!
'E's expired and gone to meet 'is maker!
'E's a stiff!  Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace!

and so on.

I have all my email going back to 1995 in PMMail, and suprise suprise, URLs
from years ago work just fine.

Using TinyURL or any forwarding service ensures a limited lifespan.

Or do you believe a free service that offers unlimited forwarding with no
visible sign of income will last?

Step 1.  Forward unlimited URLs for Free
Step 2. .....
Step 3. PROFIT!

What needs to happen is for PMMail to treat http:// at the start of a line
just like a '>', don't wrap!