[pmmail-list] Two copies out of sync, how to fix?

Andrew Webber pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 14 Jul 2003 22:42:02 -0400

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 19:21:12 -0700 (PDT), Steve Wendt wrote:

>On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 21:39:58 -0400, Andrew Webber wrote:
>
>>copied it, it was turning up hundreds (actually thousands)
>>of old emails from 1998-99 and from 2001-02!  Was there a
>>version of PMMail that didn't actually remove .MSG files
>>when you deleted them from within PMMail?
>
>Sure, I've found all kinds of extra junk (not visible in
>PMMail) in my trash folder  over the years.  Since you can't
>reindex the trash folder (at least on the OS/2 version),
>it's easier for it to stay hidden.

I can re-index Trash in this Win version, but you probably knew
that.

However I didn't describe the problem correctly.  These messages
reappeared in the original folders, e.g. a thousand old messages
from a mailing list (the folder had a couple of hundred recent
messages, then another 1200+ showed up when I re-indexed).  In
other cases, the folders showed empty and then 10-100 old messages
appeared when I re-indexed on the weekend.

I assumed these were messages I'd "deleted" from within PMMail but
that were still in the Windows-level folders.  If I'd deleted them
from Windows and not PMMail then presumably they'd appear to be
there when they weren't.

Oh well, it must have been long ago.

andrew [awebber@wwwebbers.com]
ph 613-797-8123
fx 707-248-1491
------
For PGP public key, send email with "send public key" as subject