[pmmail-list] [mkc] Two copies out of sync, how to fix?

Mike Kilroy pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 15 Jul 2003 06:56:41 -0400

I also found that if you run Pmmail over the network from another computer location over a
network, any changes to emails, i.e., incoming, deleted, moved, etc., will not be reflected in
the original computer's folders.  Say you delete 20 emails from another computer (using your
normal account across the network).  When you go back to your normal computer, the messages
will still show in the lists until you re-index.  I figured this is because even though you are
working in the correct directory over the network, Pmmail updates the indexes locally only.
Anyway, we all know Pmmail is not network 'friendly' - yet?  I sure would like to see this:)

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 22:42:02 -0400, Andrew Webber wrote:

>However I didn't describe the problem correctly.  These messages
>reappeared in the original folders, e.g. a thousand old messages
>from a mailing list (the folder had a couple of hundred recent
>messages, then another 1200+ showed up when I re-indexed).  In
>other cases, the folders showed empty and then 10-100 old messages
>appeared when I re-indexed on the weekend.

Mike, AC8V

              \\|//
           (  o . o  )