[pmmail-list] Filter > Outgoing: prompt for From address?

Randy Fowler pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 09 Jun 2003 10:39:38 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 09 Jun 2003 00:16:21 -0400 (EDT), Randy Fowler wrote:

>Is there a way to get PMMail/2 to allow entering a From address when
>sending a msg from a certain account?  I want to start using an Anti-Spam
>technique via unique email addresses for each recipient.
>
>Perhaps an account with a filter that processes an Outgoing (Pre-Send)
>REXX hook... which prompts for a From Address and changes it in the
>outgoing message before it's sent??  I've never played around with REXX
>hooks, but I've read over some in this list.

I setup a test filter and found out that PMMail calls the external REXX
cmd, providing the name of the outgoing email as an argument like this:

---
Main called with 1 arguments:
  Argument 1 is
<D:\OS2APPS\SOUTHSFT\PMMAIL\ATT-Rem.ACT\OUTBOX.FLD\HG7XK90.MSG>
Press Enter to continue
---

However, PMMail inserts the return-path to the header after the cmd
executes, like this:

---
---

Any way to stop this?