[pmmail-list] Possible Bug in Filter Management

L.Willms pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 08 Mar 2003 09:09:56 +0100 (MEZ)

On Fri, 07 Mar 2003 12:18:49 -0500, Steve Barber wrote:

> That worked fine for years, but recently after moving all
> my old folders from an old email account to a new email
> account when I got cable (and rebuilding the filters in the
> new email account), the PMMail filter strangely started
> sending it's stuff to a different folder.  On
> investigation, the reason was that the target folder had
> been apparently changed when I reconstructed the folders in
> the new email account.

  The filters identify PMMail's folder not by the folder name shown in
the folder list or the PC's OS directory name, but by an PMMail internal
number, which is stored in the FOLDER.INI of the *.ACT directory to
which the PMMail folder is mapped. There is one single line with several
fields separated by hex DE; the first field is the title of the folder,
the second field this internal number.

   My first guess is that those numbers are no longer unique after you
had built some new folders in the new account, and moved other accounts
over there from the old account, just by moving the directories.

Yours,
Lüko Willms