[pmmail-list] Possible Bug in Filter Management

Steve Barber pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 08 Mar 2003 11:09:44 -0500

On Sat, 08 Mar 2003 09:09:56 +0100 (MEZ), L.Willms wrote:

>  The filters identify PMMail's folder not by the folder name shown in
>the folder list or the PC's OS directory name, but by an PMMail internal
>number, which is stored in the FOLDER.INI of the *.ACT directory to
>which the PMMail folder is mapped. There is one single line with several
>fields separated by hex DE; the first field is the title of the folder,
>the second field this internal number.
>
>   My first guess is that those numbers are no longer unique after you
>had built some new folders in the new account, and moved other accounts
>over there from the old account, just by moving the directories.

Thanks, that's probably it ... because I did simply move
old account folders to the new email account  ... and
create a few new folders in the new account, too.  Still,
sounds like a bug ... a rare one, of course ... but
shouldn't PMMail check for unique folder reference numbers
when creating them and never allow moves or new folder
creates to end up with duplicate reference numbers?

SteveB