[pmmail-list] Installer fails on Win2K

Sorin Srbu pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 12:39:37 +0100

On Thu, 20 Mar 2003 12:28:07 +0100, PBK Solutions wrote:

>I have permant trouble when trying to install PMMail's latest version.
>But not only this, even when I try to reinstall version 2661 the
>installer throws error messages.
>I asked PMMail Support but they absolutely don't know anything about
>that problem. The only answer I got was that it's a problem with rights
>management and that the used installer is very outdated and that they
>want to buy a newer one.
>
>That is not my definition of support. I asked them to give me al list
>of all the files which are replaced during installation. I never got
>that list. I don't know why. Maybe the don't know it, too.

Backup any messages. Uninstall Pmm. Get EasyCleaner, run it to
clean the registry (mark all, delete). Start Regedit, search for
anything to do with Pmm, like "blueprint" or "pmmail", and delete
those keys.Reboot computer. Login with a knows admin-account. Run
Easycleaner again. If nothing shows up and the registry is clean
reinstall Pmm.

This has worked for me. YMMV you know drill...

HTH.

BW,

Sorin

# Sorin Srbu, Systems Engineer		Web: http://www.farmfak.uu.se/organisk/
# Dept of Medicinal Chemistry,		Phone: +46 (0)18-4714482 >> 5 signals >> GSM
# Div of Org Pharm Chem,			Mobile Phone: +46 (0)701-718023
# BMC, Box 574, Uppsala University	Fax: +46 (0)18-4714474
# SE-751 23 Uppsala, Sweden		Visit: BMC, Husargatan 3, D5:512b
#
# Public PGP key available on request.