[pmmail-list] Missing Message-ID

Marc Lewis pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
21 Mar 2003 00:09:01 -0600

Hello All.

<On 20Mar2003 23:44 Fred J. Tydeman wrote a message regarding
[pmmail-list] Missing Message-ID >

 FJT> Some recent email of mine to a friend was bounced. My
 FJT> friend says it is because my email is missing the
 FJT> Message-ID field in the message header.  I am running
 FJT> PMMail 1.92 (I know it is old; but it has been working
 FJT> fine all these years).  Has PMMail been changed since 1.92
 FJT> so that it includes the Message-ID field?  I do not know
 FJT> if this is something PMMail is supposed to do, or the ISP
 FJT> I dial into, or something else.

Are you talking about PMMail/2 v1.92?

The message-id is inserted at the ISP when the message is first
"hatched" out into the internet.  The message coming in to you
would have that ID in the header.  Generally, IIRC, the mail
client (PMMail or PMMail/2) would re-incorporate that ID into
its reply header.  If it is a fresh message (as opposed to a
reply), the message ID would be inserted at your ISP's SMTP
server.  I believe this is correct.  Someone here may verify
this.

Best regards,
Marc

-=- timEd/2 1.10.y2k+