[pmmail-list] Spam filtering - popfile et al

Dean Boulding pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 24 Mar 2003 16:00:49 +0700

I don't know how it does it, but POPFile does an excellent job, on my computers, of
catching subjects with spaces embedded within words and putting them in my spam folder.

As an aside, I am just about amazed at how well POPFile works:  after a week or two of
training, it catches over 99% of the spam I get, with very few false positives.  The
subjects with spaces in, for example, are obvious to a human but not to an algorithm, but
POPFile picked them up as soon as they started coming in.

Cheers,

Dean

On Mon, 24 Mar 2003 08:35:33 +0000 (GMT), Dave Saville wrote:

>On Sun, 23 Mar 2003 20:02:02 -0500, Andrew Pitonyak wrote:
>
>>in the last two days I received 124 SPAM messages. Four of the messages were not marked
as SPAM. Of these four, two were very simple and plain. The other two messages had a "s p a
c e"