[pmmail-list] Feature Request

Wayne Dunham pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 20 Sep 2003 10:34:40 -0400

On Sat, 20 Sep 2003 13:30:58 +0200, David McNaughtan wrote:

>There have been two bugs annoying me for years in PMM2000/Pro:
>
>1. Some URLs, when clicked, sink the programme, and I have to stop it
>with the task manager and restart; recently the same thing happened
>using the RMB and following "explore URL...".
>
>2. Deleting a number of mails after a pickup (with the quantity of
>spam I get, this happens often) sometimes causes a final warning
>message "... has a problem and must close", sometimes PMM simply
>disappears without trace. I have never had the problem straight after
>starting the programme.
>
>Am I the only one with these problems? I am using build 2.20.2717,
>but the bugs were there in all the WIN predecessors, as far as I can
>recall, and are independent of the underlaying OS, from 98 through
>2000 to the present XP Pro.

  Sounds odd to me David.  I'm still running PmMail2000 Pro 2.20.2661
and haven't seen either of those problems.  I'm running it on 98SE on
this system and XP on my laptop.

  On #1 I have seen bad URL's that the browser doesn't like, but it
doesn't cause any problem with PMM itself.  I was using Netscape (from
4.x up to 7) and am now using Mozilla.

  #2, I've never seen this.

  One question, are you using the preview pane?  I got out of the habit
of using the preview pane many moons ago with all the prevalent virii
coming in on Outbreak (errr, Outlook) which I have to use on my work
Email.  So it could have something to do with the preview pane.  That's
just a shot in the dark, but easily checked.

   If you are using the preview pane and encounter one of those URL's
then shut off the preview pane, shut down and restart PMM and then view
the message normally by double-clicking on it and opening it.

  Also, are you using the internal editor to view messages or something
else?  If you have it set for using an external editor for reading
messages that might also have an effect.

  Those are all just shots in the dark, but as I said I'm not seeing
that problem and the things I mention are common things that other
users have set up differently.

  Other than that I'd look for some kind of conflict with something
else you're running (Anti-Virus, Firewall, or other Startup stuff)

     Wayne Dunham
     waynedunham@email.com