[pmmail-list] SASL-travelling salesman problem

Dr. Jeffrey Race pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 09:17:22 +0700

Sometimes I travel to locations where there is no ATTGLOBAL.NET node
so have difficulty sending SMTP mail.   To solve this problem a
friend has offered to set up an account for which my mail client
must be SASL-enabled.

Does any version of PMMail support this?  (Prefer OS/2 but I also
have a Win license.)  If not, what are my alternatives; does
Thunderbird support?

Friend also adds:  "Prefer you use CRAM-MD5 or DIGEST-MD5 but if
your mail client doesn't support password encryption use PLAIN."
I remain innocent of any knowledge of these terms and would
appreciate explanation and guidance.   I am very keen to enable
outgoing SMTP mail capability while I am on the road so want to
educate myself about the technical and practical possibilities.

Jeffrey Race