[pmmail-list] PM Mail Version 2.10.1999 Having Problem sending to Microsoft Exchange Receipent.

Carl Gehr pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 16 Jan 2004 09:48:24 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 07:06:44 -0600 (CST), Don Buska wrote:

>Yes, I have had no intention on giving up PM Mail as I like it very much.  I've
>already approached our IT and the IT in Singapore with my request to investigate.  So
>far not much.  My IT gorup sent me an email asking if it happens using Outlook.  Which
>it doesn't.  So I already know what their response is going to be with that question
>and answer.  Use "the company official" email program!  MS has already begun their
>monopolistic progression in the email world and will make it so that if your not
>running their product you won't be able to email MS Exchange users.

Don,

Before you jump to the conclusion the it is M$ that created the
incompatibility [which would not be surprising], let me offer a
response to your IT group:

1) Did they make any changes to Exchange?
2) What are those changes?  SPECIFICS required!
3) Have they tested the changes with any other E-Mail client?

I make this point, because unless your IT group only expects E-Mail to
be sent to your company's own employees, they may have locked a lot of
your customers, users, etc., out of their little closed world as wall.
My point is:  Do not make PMMail/2 the issue.  The issue is THEIR
system is rejecting messages and the REASON WHY is required to
determine the extent of the exposure to the company.

Once you determine WHY the messages are being rejected,  [i.e., What
specific feature of the PMMail/2 header to they not like?] then you can
attack the REAL problem.  You may actually be doing your company a good
service by exposing this problem.

Carl