[pmmail-list] Exporting fromm PMM to Outlook?

Sorin Srbu pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 08 Mar 2005 16:36:45 +0100

On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 16:25:53 +0100, rooster wrote:

>I had to do this last year, as I was forced to leave the messages in the society, than on
>my laptop....
>
>I can hardly remember, but I try to give you what I have.
>I rebuilt manually the directorystructur in OL.

Figured as much, am doing it as we speak... 8-)

>Than simply drag and dropped the files per source folder to OL.
>If I had to multirename the files from *.msg to *.txt, is lost knowledge.

You lost your mails if you drag and dropped them?

I tried selecting a few mails in PMM and bouncing them to myself
(PMM is now set to receive any mails). When they are fetched by OL,
the messages seem to get filtered correctly in there to the right
mailboxes, although I didn't check the dates. I figure I'll do this
manually ayway, bounce the mails according to the year, so they'll
still get into the right mailfolder. At least this is the way I
figure it.

>What I can remember that 'to' and 'from' is restored, but the file creation date is the date
>of the import. So you can imagine, that this can cause big troubles with 'old' accounts.

Ah.

>I tried it with OL2002 just one minute ago and it does not work as I expected it.
>But I believe it had to be the latest OL from Office XP or Exchange 2003.
>At least it was it, when I had to do this 'one account transmission'.

I have OL2k here, and it seems to work similarly.

>On Tue, 08 Mar 2005 11:16:34 +0100, Sorin Srbu wrote:
>
>>Hi all,
>>The new reommended mailer at our department is currently Eudora,
>>but will be substituted to Outlook (OL) in a really near future.
>
>>The problem however, is that I can't find a way to export all my
>>years worth of mail from PMM to something OL can understand.

BW,

Sorin